You don’t need the best cross-trainers or fancy compression apparel to incorporate fitness into your life. Here are some simple tips to keep active throughout the day. Understanding what you are willing to do and how much time you are willing to commit is half the battle. Start by deciding on one or two of these tricks for your daily schedule.
5 Tips to Keep Active Throughout Your Day:
1) Start your day with movement – I keep an exercise mat near my bed and start the day with some stretching and calisthenics! Calisthenics include calf-raises, squats, push-ups, sit-ups, side bends, lunges, jumping jacks – whatever makes your body happy!
2) Cardio Cleaning!? Why not! Try to move at warp speed as you dust, sweep, vacuum etc! I recommend turning on music rather loud so that you can dance along with the broom! Move all the furniture and get those hard to reach nooks and crannies that you haven’t touched in a while.
3) Get a friend or colleague to walk with you during your lunch break before you eat lunch! Make the body work for it before you refuel.
4) Take the stairs! Use it or lose it – no excuse to use the elevator when your legs work just fine.
5) Find songs that make you want to move and put them on your music player. Turn them on and let the magic of the vibes take over!
Enjoy your happy and healthy day